- Nov 11, 2021
AIRSTEP and Spark App Connect Simultaneously
The Footswitch and App can finally connect simultaneously
AIRSTEP Spk Edition is the world's first wireless footswitch for Spark Amp.
After the V1.3 firmware update of AIRSTEP Spk Edition, you can use the Spark App to control the Amp tone when AIRSTEP is connected to the Amp. This update is only available for the iOS Spark App, Android will be available soon.
Please note that we are just talking about the Tone Control here, the Bluetooth Audio can always be connected to Jam, whether it is iOS or Android.
How to do this?
1. Update the firmware of AIRSTEP Spk Edition to V1.3. How to update the firmware?
2. Make sure the footswitch is connected to the Amp first (Before the Spark App).
3. Then click the connect button of the Spark App (After the footswitch is connected).
Please note that you have to make sure the footswitch is connected to the Amp first if you want to use them simultaneously.
What needs to be improved
The following shortcomings currently exist, they will be improved in the next update.
1. Only available on iOS Spark App, Android will be the next time.
2. The display of pedal toggle state in AIRSTEP and App will not be synchronized, The Amp and anything else are not affected.
How about the regular AIRSTEP?
Since this is a new function that is still being improved, The regular AIRSTEP and Lite are currently not available.
But there is an update package in the AIRSTEP Updater called "Turn into SpkEdition V1.3" (Select advanced mode), which can turn your regular AIRSTEP into an Spk Edition, and of course you can turn it back.